Job Description: Quality Technician
Ibis Tek, Inc. is searching for a reliable Quality Technician to analyze results and manage our supplier network to help identify and resolve quality issues. The ideal candidate will utilize fundamental quality tools to track, analyze, and report on materials, processes, and products to ensure that they meet the company’s quality standard.
Primary Duties: Supplier Quality Management
Site audits, travel 1-2 times overnight per month; maintain supplier scorecards, review PPAP submittals and report on supplier performance.
Secondary: Perform contract reviews and audit internal record packages to confirm compliance before release of product. Apply lean manufacturing best practices: design systems to ensure conforming products are produced.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic quality techniques to track, analyze, and report on materials, processes, and products to ensure that they meet the company’s quality standard. Use hand inspection tools to verify product conformance during audits or screening activities.
- Provides guidance and leadership on the proper utilization of various types of measuring equipment.
- Works with cross functional teams to identify and resolve quality issues, especially the nonconforming material and review board procedures
- Lead or assist continual improvement and corrective and preventative action projects.
- Conducts audits of manufacturing, quality and other systems for compliance.
- Assists in the creation of test methods for product conformance.
- Evaluates and assists in the resolution of returned/suspect material and communicates the results in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides general support to Quality Engineering.
- Experience with auditing to quality management system standards
- Experience with AIAG PPAP documentation
- Experience with requirements reviews
- Familiar with lean manufacturing best practices
- Documents and record control experience
- Associates Degree or minimum 5 years experience in Quality related field required
- ASQ Certifications preferred.
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering drawings and GD&T principles required.
- Microsoft office skills required.
- Technical writing skills required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Previous experience with Root Cause Analysis.