Job Description: Mechanical Engineer
Ibis Tek, Inc. is in search of an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of mechanical principles and practical knowledge of engineering and manufacturing practices.
The individual must be self-motivated with self-directed development goals.
Key skills for this position are mechanical aptitude and the ability to apply to real world problems as well as a fundamental knowledge of CAD tools, FEA methods, and 3D modeling software.
• Perform engineering assignments in a timely manner from supervisor guidance.
• Act as an effective team member, exhibiting good inter-personal skills (conflict resolution, integrity/honesty)
• New and derivative concept- to detail- design of components and assemblies
• Assist with analytical evaluation of designs -- e.g. structural, thermal, vibration, shock
• Create and revise engineering and manufacturing drawings, specifications, and material requirements
• Assist in the development and execution of engineering mock-ups and scale model testing
• Learn and apply engineering software tools and systems
• Provide quality communications to internal customers (verbal and written)
• With guidance, write or assist with the generation of technical communications including formal design reports, technical letters, and customer deliverables
• Participate in vendor and customer meetings and presentations
• Provide input to customer contract reviews and preparation of cost estimates, schedules, and proposals
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-4 PM
• BS Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 5 years work experience dealing with manufacture and design of engineered product.
• Mechanical aptitude and the ability to apply to real world problems
• Fundamental knowledge of CAD tools, FEA methods, and 3D modeling software – SolidWorks Preferred
• Knowledge of mechanics (math, materials, computer skills, etc.) to execute technical calculations
Project/Program Management training desired.